Welcome

This is my playground for poetry written for children with ideas and inspiration for writing your own poems. Come on in. Sit for a spell, have a cup of words to swirl around and make your own cup of poetry. I'm so glad you are here. I hope you'll find the Kingdom of Poetry a fun place to be.

Monday, May 30, 2011

My Dream

I love ice cream, here is a list poem with lots of flavors, based on a joke I heard.




MY DREAM


I had a strange dream
Where a cow ate ice cream.
You never saw a cone so high,
100 scoops reached to the sky!

Chocolate, vanilla,
Cookies and cream,
Bubble gum mint and
Toffee ice cream,

Pumpkin pie,
Peaches, oh my
And rainbow sherbet.

Rocky road,
Cookie dough
And strawberry yogurt.

This ice cream cone was some dessert!

All night long, 
 
I watched the cow lick.
When I awoke, 
 
I felt soooooooooo sick.

My tongue was dry, 
 
My throat seemed thick,
My pillow was damp,
Where I’d licked it.

1 comment:

  1. Funny! How clever to base a poem on a joke. This would be a cute one to have students add flavors to in class. Afterwards, ice cream would surely have to be served.

    Linda A.

    ReplyDelete