Welcome

This is my playground for poetry written for children with ideas and inspiration for writing your own poems. Come on in. Sit for a spell, have a cup of words to swirl around and make your own cup of poetry. I'm so glad you are here. I hope you'll find the Kingdom of Poetry a fun place to be.

Saturday, May 28, 2011

My Lunchbox





My lunchbox has a carton of juice,
Two carrots and a pear,
A peanut butter sandwich--
My mother put them there.

These things were in my lunchbox,
When I rushed to leave the house.
Can you tell me how this got in?
It’s a whisker twitching mouse.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Joy,

    This is funny and very easy to picture!

    Could you talk about the process you go through to create a poem such as this? Did you brainstorm rhyming pairs first? Etc...

    Linda A.

    ReplyDelete