Welcome

This is my playground for poetry written for children with ideas and inspiration for writing your own poems. Come on in. Sit for a spell, have a cup of words to swirl around and make your own cup of poetry. I'm so glad you are here. I hope you'll find the Kingdom of Poetry a fun place to be.

Sunday, July 17, 2011

Pride of Ownership

At our swim meet
Coach
used a marker 
to write 
entry numbers
on our arms.

Numbers
help the judges
identify winners.

My best friend
Lori grabbed
the black marker
drew
smiley faces
on her knees.

Soon
our whole team
had smiley faces.

Tomorrow
she said,
I want 
keep
these 
happy reminders.


     For me, summer and swim team go together.  What things mean summer to you?  Library reading programs?  Camping?  Going away to camp or family vacation?  Can you pick one thing, one image and write a poem about it.  This poem relies heavily on visual images.  Can you use other senses in your poem?

No comments:

Post a Comment