Welcome

This is my playground for poetry written for children with ideas and inspiration for writing your own poems. Come on in. Sit for a spell, have a cup of words to swirl around and make your own cup of poetry. I'm so glad you are here. I hope you'll find the Kingdom of Poetry a fun place to be.

Friday, September 16, 2011

Oatmeal Cookies


Eating
oatmeal cookies
is very nice.
I love
the raisins
and the added spice.
With cinnamon,
cloves,
and allspice too,
One is not enough.
Will you 
give me two?
Perhaps,
three 
will do.

     I'm still having fun with cookies, I hope you are too.  Cookies are exciting to write poems about because they all look different.  Some make wonderful sounds when you eat them.  Of course cookies have lovely smells and the taste and texture on your tongue is something to write poems about.  So pick your favorite cookie, eat one or two while you think of just the right words for your poem.  Enjoy.


© 2011, Joy Acey

2 comments:

  1. Your recent poems have made me hungry for...COOKIES! I'm inspired to bake this weekend. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Joy,
    Have you ever used the oatmeal raisin cookie recipe on the Quaker box? Yummy!

    Have you heard that Cookie Monster has learned to eat more healthy? Someone I know was talking about that recently. I haven't followed up to get details online. I should.

    ReplyDelete