Welcome

This is my playground for poetry written for children with ideas and inspiration for writing your own poems. Come on in. Sit for a spell, have a cup of words to swirl around and make your own cup of poetry. I'm so glad you are here. I hope you'll find the Kingdom of Poetry a fun place to be.

Monday, October 17, 2011

Halloween Party

Come to my house 
on Friday night.
My Halloween party
is sure to delight.

There will be cats 
and bats
and ghosts
dressed in white.

We'll bob for apples
all through the night.

With ghouls and monsters
who'll give you a fright,
it's sure to be
a scary sight.
So come to my party
and bring a flash light.
We're sure to have fun
on Friday night.


     I was going to suggest that you write a poem about the color orange, but it will have to be in free verse because orange is one of the words in the English language that doesn't have a true rhyme.  So, here is your challenge--write a poem about a Halloween color (it can be in free verse.)

No comments:

Post a Comment