Welcome

This is my playground for poetry written for children with ideas and inspiration for writing your own poems. Come on in. Sit for a spell, have a cup of words to swirl around and make your own cup of poetry. I'm so glad you are here. I hope you'll find the Kingdom of Poetry a fun place to be.

Sunday, November 20, 2011

Autumn Mist

Cold 
wet,
is it
fall
yet?
 You bet.

Would you
believe
I can see
my own
breath?

     Watching a football game on TV last night, I saw the players panting and I could see the fog each breath made.  As a child, I remember walking to school and playing with this mist trying to blow smoke rings or just making interesting streams.  In my bedroom I'd blow that mist on my window so I could use it to draw pictures or write words. 
      What hints or clues can you find that let's you know that it will soon be winter?  Can you write a poem about that?  Enjoy your misty words.

No comments:

Post a Comment