Welcome

This is my playground for poetry written for children with ideas and inspiration for writing your own poems. Come on in. Sit for a spell, have a cup of words to swirl around and make your own cup of poetry. I'm so glad you are here. I hope you'll find the Kingdom of Poetry a fun place to be.

Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Good Night

Good Night, Mom.
Good Night, Dad.
Good Night, Sis.
Thanks for the day
I've had.

Now I put my head
on my pillow to sleep
to dream of swimming
in the ocean deep.

Or maybe my dream
will keep me at home
to play in the garden
with elves and a gnome.

Wherever dreams take me,
no matter what I do,
I sleep snuggled in my bed
dreaming of you.

Sweet Dreams.
Good Night.

     Can you write a poem about one of your dreams?  In my poem "I am a Poet," I have the line that says as poet, I can fly on the wings of a hummingbird.  I always loved the thought of flying on that tiny small bird.  I liked thinking about seeing the world from that perspective and drinking sweet nectar with the bird.  My dreams do take me to interesting places.  What is your dream?

2 comments: