Welcome

This is my playground for poetry written for children with ideas and inspiration for writing your own poems. Come on in. Sit for a spell, have a cup of words to swirl around and make your own cup of poetry. I'm so glad you are here. I hope you'll find the Kingdom of Poetry a fun place to be.

Friday, January 27, 2012

A Golfing Giraffe

Gerald Giraffe
plays golf
on the green.
It's the strangest
sight
I've ever seen.

His legs are spread
in a golfer's stance.
And he wears
plaid golfer pants.

Perhaps he'll make
a hole-in-one.
Gerald Giraffe thinks
playing golf is fun.


     Happy Friday.  There are a lot of "G"s in this poem.  Is there a "g" in your name?  The name of your town?  Street?  Can you write your own "G" poem?  I hope you have giggling fun writing.

7 comments:

  1. Would be fun to see what children might draw after hearing this! I like the idea of using consonants to brainstorm words & then write.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Again I an just picture him in his plaid pants playing golf... you do a good job if I can see him. cloey

    ReplyDelete
  3. Joy,
    I would love to see the giraffe and poem on a "golf shirt" as well as a picture book of course.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is VERY visual. Now, start on the V's!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A giraffe wearing plaid golfer pants - now that's a sight to behold. Fun fun poem, thanks for sharing this Joy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This might be my favorite of your bestiary poems so far!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi, Joy--
    I had no idea about your relationship with Antonio--even without knowing much of his work, I'm a little surprised. But we all carry a lot of varied foundation beneath our Gerald Giraffeness!

    Wouldn't it be fun to have a little book of poems like this for the kindergarteners in my class?! Nicely done, a hole-in-one!

    ReplyDelete