Welcome

This is my playground for poetry written for children with ideas and inspiration for writing your own poems. Come on in. Sit for a spell, have a cup of words to swirl around and make your own cup of poetry. I'm so glad you are here. I hope you'll find the Kingdom of Poetry a fun place to be.

Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Javalina Paul

It was just June
when a jocular javelina
by the name of Paul
took a jumbo leap
and jumped over my wall.

He rooted all the jicama,
jogged round the jacaranda,
and did the jitter bug
in my wandering jew.
And then when he was though,

He ate everything
with joyful grace
before I could
chase him
from my place.

     Writing with "j"s is tough, especially finding "j"s in the middle of words.  And you would think with a name like JOY, I'd be an expert of "j" words.  I thought about writing about jugglers, court jesters and jousting, but here is where I ended up.  Would you like to try writing your own poem about medieval times?  Or how about a time period not current.  Maybe the future?  Can you make a list poem from all the "J" words you know.  Have fun.

1 comment:

  1. Nice use of the J vocabulary list! :) I am not sure I would fare as good as you did. Great job!

    ReplyDelete