Welcome

This is my playground for poetry written for children with ideas and inspiration for writing your own poems. Come on in. Sit for a spell, have a cup of words to swirl around and make your own cup of poetry. I'm so glad you are here. I hope you'll find the Kingdom of Poetry a fun place to be.

Friday, May 10, 2013



Rain makes the road shine black.
I listen to the pitt-a-pat.
Dripping from the tree leaves,
falling off the edge of eaves.

On this day, I could feel gray
but the shine on the road
takes the blues away.


     Do you know the adage about, "Look for the Silver Lining?"  there was a movie in the 50's with that title.  It means to look for good things  even in bad situations.  Your challenge for today is to write a poem about something good that came out of something bad or difficult.  I Hope you have a great day.
  

6 comments:

  1. Thanks for participating in Poetry Friday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anastasia,
      Thank you for hosting Poetry Friday. It is always fun to read what the children's poetry writers are up to on Friday and there is always lots of good po9ems to read.

      Delete
  2. Joy,
    This assignment is a very good one, especially for anyone going through a dark time. I love the ending of your poem that says, "The shine on the road takes the blues away." Terrific! Thanks for this outlook!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Linda! You are the one that is always encouraging me and giving me sunshine for writing poems. Thank you for all your help and ideas. I hope things are going well at your house.

      Delete
  3. Hi, Joy. We are having a gorgeous Mother's Day in Maryland after two days of storms and rain. My students were working on opposites poems this week. I like your prompt as an extension of (or challenge idea)a strict "opposites" poem -- thinking beyond the black and white of "good/bad."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you are enjoying your Mother's Day. Thank you for leaving a comment. I sure wish you and I could teach a workshop for kids together sometime. I have the idea that we would have as much fun as the kids.

      Delete