Welcome

This is my playground for poetry written for children with ideas and inspiration for writing your own poems. Come on in. Sit for a spell, have a cup of words to swirl around and make your own cup of poetry. I'm so glad you are here. I hope you'll find the Kingdom of Poetry a fun place to be.

Saturday, December 7, 2013

LOOK UP

Walking along
I'm watching the road.
I feel like I carry
a heavy load.

I tilt my face up
to feel the sun.
I think I'm ready
to have some fun.

I lift my head up 
to see the sky
I feel like a bird,
ready to fly.

Look up, my child 
and you shall see
the world is full
of opportunity.


     If you needed to write a poem to encourage a friend, what would you write?  This is your poetry challenge for today.  Write a poem that will get your friends to take the next step in this exciting journey we call life.  Have a fun day, and have fun writing.

2 comments:

  1. Joy,
    This poem would make for meaningful discussion with kids. It's also a great way to introduce symbolism in literature. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Linda. I find that too often I'm busy looking down when I need to look up. This is a great season to count our blessings. I hope you are keeping warm.

      Delete