Welcome

This is my playground for poetry written for children with ideas and inspiration for writing your own poems. Come on in. Sit for a spell, have a cup of words to swirl around and make your own cup of poetry. I'm so glad you are here. I hope you'll find the Kingdom of Poetry a fun place to be.

Monday, April 14, 2014

BUNNIES




Two little bunnies
hopping around the tree,
eating all the green leaves
cute as can be.

Two little bunnies
hopping around the tree,
they run off
when they see me.

    Look what I saw in my backyard today.  These two are Western cottontails.  We also have jack rabbits, but they have longer ears and usually darker tails.  Hey, I'm just glad that they were willing to wait around for me to whip out my camera.  Can you see the white tail on the one bunny hopping away?  Can you write a poem today about something in your backyard, or in your school yard?  Have fun writing.  


4 comments:

  1. Joy,
    Thanks for the bunny photo and poem. Lovely! What an interesting yard you have. I hope to see more photos of it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Someday I hope you can come visit, Linda.

      Delete
  2. Cute picture, cute poem. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those are cute bunnies, aren't they? I was just happy they stuck around long enough for me to take their picture. I saw squirrels today--but they moved much too fast.

      Delete