Welcome

This is my playground for poetry written for children with ideas and inspiration for writing your own poems. Come on in. Sit for a spell, have a cup of words to swirl around and make your own cup of poetry. I'm so glad you are here. I hope you'll find the Kingdom of Poetry a fun place to be.

Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Oh! Oh! Oh!

I once met a handsome bandito.
He rode on a horse named Splendito.
Together we shared a burrito.
Afterwards he jumped up to go
and where he went, I do not know.

     This poem all came about because I liked the feel of "Splendito," in my mouth.  Do you ever have words that feel good in your mouth?  Delicious is another feel good in the mouth word for me.  Can you try to find your own good-mouth words and use one of them in a poem today?  Happy writing.


2 comments:

  1. I like the sound of Splendito, too. I also like the idea of shopping or Spendito.

    Celebrate you and your gift of humor and poetry.
    Love, Joan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, fun word Spendito! But I only have a little Monito. What shall be buy at the Mallito?
    Congratulations on you 140,000 visitor--I'm getting close. I made my 1200 post this week. Does seem like it's time for a party, but I'm super busy right now--ah, deadlines.
    Now, there is a fun idea--how to plan a surprise party for a blogging friend. I'm going to put that in my thinky cap to ponder.

    ReplyDelete