Welcome

This is my playground for poetry written for children with ideas and inspiration for writing your own poems. Come on in. Sit for a spell, have a cup of words to swirl around and make your own cup of poetry. I'm so glad you are here. I hope you'll find the Kingdom of Poetry a fun place to be.

Monday, August 18, 2014

PEACH


copyright 2014, Joy Acey

Wrinkled-pit peach
how do you grow?
Your taste is delicious
with a fuzzy warm glow.

     I've been writing peach poems today.  I think peaches are my favorite fruit.  What is your favorite?  What vegetable do you like best?  Can you write a fruit or vegetable poem today?  Is there a fruit or vegetable you don't like?  Growing up, I never liked grape jelly, I still don't.  What is your favorite jam?

5 comments:

  1. Peachy! I couldn't resist. I eat a lot of apples, although I believe the summer peaches have been extra juicy and sweet this year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. We had a peach tree when I lived in California. The peaches would all come in at the same time. So Mom would make peach jam and we'd have peach cobbler and peach pie for dinner. And of course our breakfast cereal would have fresh peach slices. For about two weeks it would all be about peaches. There are those who want the white peaches or the little squat plum peaches, but for me, I want a yellow freestone every time.
      My photograph makes me so hungry.

      Delete
  2. Oh my, this peach looks so yummy!
    I wish it was in my tummy!
    but alas, it's just an image
    so I have to wait for a peach shopping scrimmage.

    Thanks for sharing your fun poems with us.
    I love you, Joy Acey.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yahoo, Joan. I love rhyming image with scrimmage. How original. Thanks for sharing.

      Delete