Welcome

This is my playground for poetry written for children with ideas and inspiration for writing your own poems. Come on in. Sit for a spell, have a cup of words to swirl around and make your own cup of poetry. I'm so glad you are here. I hope you'll find the Kingdom of Poetry a fun place to be.

Tuesday, October 7, 2014

FIVE SNAKES

Five snakes went out
for a slither
one night.

The air was cool,
the moon
was bright.

Each snake saw
his shadow.
It gave him
a scare.

They all raced home
to sleep
in their lair.

     Now that the weather is getting a little cooler, the snakes in my neighborhood are more active.  They still are most active at night when the hawks aren't out.
     My newspaper says there is will be a lunar eclipse tonight at 3:25 AM, Wednesday morning.  I'm going to set my alarm clock to get up and watch the eclipse.  I'll also look to see if I can see my own shadow.  Can you write your own poem about the moon today? Have fun writing.

3 comments:

  1. Joy,
    Love your sense of humor. Snakes frightened by their shadow. Good one. I also like that they went out for a slither. Funny!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds like part of an interesting counting book. Maybe a desert counting book is in your future. Very cute.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Rosi. Yup, I really need to pull all of my desert poems together.

      Delete