Welcome

This is my playground for poetry written for children with ideas and inspiration for writing your own poems. Come on in. Sit for a spell, have a cup of words to swirl around and make your own cup of poetry. I'm so glad you are here. I hope you'll find the Kingdom of Poetry a fun place to be.

Saturday, November 15, 2014

Ars Poetica

Many doors,
many handles
How would you like
to enter this poem?
Shall you tiptoe
into the darkness
or skip flittingly
into streaming sunshine?
Which bird would you like
to be?
To lift yourself 
over the wooden sill
out through the window
into the world?

   I haven't been feeling terribly creative lately.  So, I've been mining my journals for things I've written and haven't done anything with in the past. This poem is something I wrote in 2006 in response to a lecture given by Jim Clark on the ghazal.  I also have a note, "I am so very excited.  I got to hear a young girl read one of my poems to her mother and giggle.  It was wonderful to hear her laughter....One should celebrate laughter and this is a wonderful first."
   Your poetry prompt for today is to write a poem about a "first" for you.  Enjoy your writing.
   Thank you for reading my poems.

2 comments:

  1. Joy,
    I'm participating in PiBoIdMo with Tara Lazar this month. I just jotted down a picture book idea with the word "giggle" and then read your post and notes. How cool is that?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The world needs more laughter.
    Too many hold it in.
    They close their lips into a smile,
    or only nod and grin.

    ReplyDelete