Welcome

This is my playground for poetry written for children with ideas and inspiration for writing your own poems. Come on in. Sit for a spell, have a cup of words to swirl around and make your own cup of poetry. I'm so glad you are here. I hope you'll find the Kingdom of Poetry a fun place to be.

Saturday, November 8, 2014

haiku

warm desert sunshine
on the fence a butterfly
my heart a flutter

    It is a beautiful day today.  The birds are having a gathering at my feeder.  The wind has settled to a gentle breeze.  I'm thankful for this day and thankful you have stopped by to read my poem.  Can you write your own haiku today?  Have fun writing.

4 comments:

  1. Joy,
    Inspired by today's sermon:

    "Its better to give,"
    His final words proclaimed.
    "I wish I'd done more."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Linda, this is a good one. WOW! Perhaps you should consider entering it in the NC Poetry Society annual contest at: http://www.ncpoetrysociety.org/adultcontests/

      I don't think you need the quotation marks around the last line--it leads the reader to believe it is the voice of the speaker in the first line.

      Delete
  2. You're so encouraging, Joy. I will check it out. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete