Welcome

This is my playground for poetry written for children with ideas and inspiration for writing your own poems. Come on in. Sit for a spell, have a cup of words to swirl around and make your own cup of poetry. I'm so glad you are here. I hope you'll find the Kingdom of Poetry a fun place to be.

Sunday, November 23, 2014

Mr. T. Speaks III

I'm still working in two voices.

"Gobble! Gobble!"
Said Mr. Turkey,
                             walking in his turkey trot.
"Gobble! Gobble!"
Said Mr. Turkey,
                            "Please don't serve me hot."


And here is the next for the counting rhyme.

On the third of November
Mr. Turkey said,
"If I color myself green
and crawl like a gator,
maybe you won't see me,
till much, much later."

   There aren't too many more days until you get to eat your turkey.  What will you eat for Thanksgiving Day?  Have fun writing a food poem today.

3 comments:

  1. Joy,
    I love the gator crawl. I don't blame Mr. T for not wanting to be hot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Terrific addition to your turkey poems. I love the image of a turkey trying to look like a 'gator.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Rosi. I'm going to have to outline this idea to get it to work out the way I want. It could be crazy fun.

      Delete