Welcome

This is my playground for poetry written for children with ideas and inspiration for writing your own poems. Come on in. Sit for a spell, have a cup of words to swirl around and make your own cup of poetry. I'm so glad you are here. I hope you'll find the Kingdom of Poetry a fun place to be.

Monday, December 1, 2014

BABOONS

copyright 2014, Joy Acey



Baboons sit upon a log

watching the river

flow below.

Baboons play

and chase the young

marking territory

before they go.


copyright 2014, Joy Acey



     The monkeys--chimps, baboons, gorillas--have large family groups.  Young baboons learn how to behave in their family from older members.  Do you have older family members who help you learn, too?  What is something you were taught?  Can you write a poem about the things you are learning?  Have fun writing your poem today.

2 comments:

  1. Joy,
    I love how you wrote this poem to show something all readers can identify with. The photos are terrific too. You're on another roll! You have a mind full of great ideas that lead you many different directions when creating poetry. I salute you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I sooooo appreciate you Linda. Thanks for all the encouragement. You keep me going.

    ReplyDelete