Welcome

This is my playground for poetry written for children with ideas and inspiration for writing your own poems. Come on in. Sit for a spell, have a cup of words to swirl around and make your own cup of poetry. I'm so glad you are here. I hope you'll find the Kingdom of Poetry a fun place to be.

Wednesday, December 10, 2014

GIRAFFE

copyright 2014, Joy Acey

Golly Gee!
Look at me.
Can't you see
I'm hungry.
Please, feed me!

This poem is a rhyming five line poem--a quintrain.  (It was a quatrain until I added that extra fifth line.) Can you see the three horns on this Rothschild giraffe? See the eyebrows and eye lashes?  This giraffe has a very soft mouth.  Can you try writing your own quatrain today?

6 comments:

  1. Love this, Joy! That close up is so cute and I love how short your poem is. Too cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love short poems. They are easier to memorize. This poem is definitely for the younger set.

      Delete
  2. Joy,
    Great close up. I can see this one as a postcard with the message: Greetings from _____________. Your poem is funny. Thanks for sharing some of your fun with us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Linda. This giraffe does love to eat, and it was so much fun to hold the alfalfa pellets for her.

      Delete
  3. This picture is too funny. The poem is perfect for it. Thanks for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now you've got me wondering what a laugh sounds like from a giraffe. In fact I'm thinking about a picturebook manuscript with all the animals laughing--I guess I'd have to start with the hyena.

      Delete