Welcome

This is my playground for poetry written for children with ideas and inspiration for writing your own poems. Come on in. Sit for a spell, have a cup of words to swirl around and make your own cup of poetry. I'm so glad you are here. I hope you'll find the Kingdom of Poetry a fun place to be.

Tuesday, December 9, 2014

LION

copyright 2014, Joy Acey



Living
in Kenya
on the bush lands
never is boring.

   This poem is an acrostic.  I had fun putting one more syllable in each line. Can you see the scar cross the lion's middle?  How do you think that happened?  Do you have any scars?  Do you know someone who has scars?  How did they get them?  Scars are stories.  Can you write a poem today about a scar?  Have fun writing.

2 comments:

  1. What a terrific shot of the lion. Looks so regal. Earned those scars, I'd guess. I wouldn't think that living on the bush land in Kenya would get boring! Thanks for sharing, Joy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for following Linda. You do make the playing with poetry more fun for me.

      Delete