Welcome

This is my playground for poetry written for children with ideas and inspiration for writing your own poems. Come on in. Sit for a spell, have a cup of words to swirl around and make your own cup of poetry. I'm so glad you are here. I hope you'll find the Kingdom of Poetry a fun place to be.

Monday, December 1, 2014

MASAI


In Africa


where the sun shines hot


and dust blows


across the plains.


Masai warriors


herd their cows


hoping for


summer rains.


     In the countries south of the equator it is summertime.  The Christmas preparations in these countries are very different from countries in the northern hemisphere.  What things do you do to get ready for Christmas?  Have fun writing a poem today about anything.  


copyright 2014, Joy Acey
 



4 comments:

  1. Joy,
    What a great idea to feature other countries and what they're doing this time of year. What a great learning experience for your readers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Linda. Sharing the things I'm learning is one of my favorite things.

      Delete
  2. This is a lovely poem. I felt like I wafted gently through on a hot, dusty breeze - with the promise of cool rain to lighten the end.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kathryn,
      Thank you for your comment. I'm glad if my little poem created such a rich feeling for you.

      Delete