Welcome

This is my playground for poetry written for children with ideas and inspiration for writing your own poems. Come on in. Sit for a spell, have a cup of words to swirl around and make your own cup of poetry. I'm so glad you are here. I hope you'll find the Kingdom of Poetry a fun place to be.

Thursday, January 15, 2015

January 11, 2015

haiku

bells and whistles ring
from the small child's hand-held toy
too, too much noise.

    We rode the train from Shanghai to Beijing.  The train station is adjacent to the airport.  I thought that was really handy.  On our train car we were the only tourists.  I had a great time observing all the locals.  Many of the groups travelling were families. 

2 comments:

  1. Joy,
    Do you happen to have a picture of this child toy? If so, maybe you can post the poem again with the photo. I'm enjoying learning about traveling about in China. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry, Linda. I don't have a picture of the toy. In fact I wrote this poem as a way of getting rid of my frustration. I was stuck on the train with this kid and his parents and evidently the other riders thought it was perfectly all right for the redundant noise to go on forever. I thought there was a lot of noise pollution in China and I normally don't notice that sort of thing. I'm wondering if China's one child rule has created over indulgent parents, but I guess it is a cultural thing.

      Delete