Welcome

This is my playground for poetry written for children with ideas and inspiration for writing your own poems. Come on in. Sit for a spell, have a cup of words to swirl around and make your own cup of poetry. I'm so glad you are here. I hope you'll find the Kingdom of Poetry a fun place to be.

Sunday, July 26, 2015

Saturday, July 25, 2015

CRICKETS

There's a cricket in my bedroom.
He's rubbing his legs fast and hard.
I'd say he is singing and dancing.
But I think he's a poetry bard.

He is in here reciting his verses.
Shouting them loud and deep.
I wish he would be quiet
so I can get some sleep.

 Have you ever been kept awake at night?  Can you write a poem about it?  Enjoy your writing.
Have you read Archie and Mehitabel, a conversational poem written by Don Marquis?  First published in 1927, you might enjoy this story poem about a cricket who types.

Children's poems can come from anywhere.  Each one is an adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment