Welcome

This is my playground for poetry written for children with ideas and inspiration for writing your own poems. Come on in. Sit for a spell, have a cup of words to swirl around and make your own cup of poetry. I'm so glad you are here. I hope you'll find the Kingdom of Poetry a fun place to be.

Thursday, August 27, 2015

MY READING NOOK

Today I'm leaving home.
I may travel to Botany Bay
Africa or old Cathay.
I might go to Rome.
I can venture far
while in my favorite nook,
as I read the pages
of this story book.

   Setting is the location a story takes place in. You can travel any where in a book.  The place where you read is also a setting.  Where do you like to read?  At the beach? At your desk?  On your bed?  Under your covers?  Do you have a favorite tree you like to lean against, or a favorite rock you like to sit on while you read?  I have always wanted my very own window seat to sit in while I read (and write.) Your poetry challenge for today is to write a poem about the place you'd like to be in to read your books.  Use your imagination to describe your special place.  Have fun writing.

Nothing is so often irretrievably missed as a daily opportunity.  Marie von Ebner-Eschenback, 1905

3 comments:

  1. Joy,
    Sometimes, I like to read in a front porch swing, but mostly I read while curled up on the couch or in a big arm chair.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, a porch swing sounds like a heavenly place to read, but, it is too hot here to stay outside to read. And I have a picture of a huge ottoman and a big brown leather chair with rolled arms and hammered nail finishing in one of my dream books. But, I'm still holding out for my window seat in the Hawaii house.

      Delete
    2. I hope there's money in the budget for a small remodel if the house doesn't come with one built in. You deserve it!

      Delete