Welcome

This is my playground for poetry written for children with ideas and inspiration for writing your own poems. Come on in. Sit for a spell, have a cup of words to swirl around and make your own cup of poetry. I'm so glad you are here. I hope you'll find the Kingdom of Poetry a fun place to be.

Tuesday, October 6, 2015

MY DOG

I took my dog
for a walk.
All he wanted
was to talk, talk, talk.

First he'd yip.
Then he'd yap.
I took him home
for a nap.

I got a headache,
yes, of course.
Next time I'll wish
my dog was hoarse.

Hey, it is  National Walk Your Dog Week, October 1-7.  That is one long walk.  Do you take your dog for walks?  Where have you gone this week?  What would your dog say to you if he could talk? What do you talk to your dog about?  What would the dogs say if they could have a dog chat?  No matter if you have a dog or not, (you can always imagine one), try writing a poem about a dog today.  Have fun.

Like vitamin pills, everyone should day dream at least once a day.  Enjoy your dreams.

I'm taking a poetry course at Wordpress's Blogging University.  If you'd like to read an abecedarian I wrote for today's assignment go here,    https://joyacey.wordpress.com/?p=436&preview=true&preview_id=436 

2 comments:

  1. Joy,
    I laughed when I realized I wanted to read the last line incorrectly. I thought the child would wish his dog was a horse. I love that you fooled me! Good poem too. I named a dog character "Yip" in a work-in-progress. Great minds think alike.

    Thanks many times over for my lovely post card. So sweet of you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Linda, you do think like I do. My first thought was to write; Next time I think I'll take my horse, but that seemed too easy. So I searched for something else and I liked the idea of using hoarse so I could talk about homophones with kids.
      Good luck with Yip and your work in progress.

      Delete