Welcome

This is my playground for poetry written for children with ideas and inspiration for writing your own poems. Come on in. Sit for a spell, have a cup of words to swirl around and make your own cup of poetry. I'm so glad you are here. I hope you'll find the Kingdom of Poetry a fun place to be.

Monday, February 1, 2016

Rain

I embraced the winter rain,
felt the mist upon my cheeks.
All day I watched the fog tumble
down the hillside from clouds
pinned on the backside
of a sleeping giant.
All the while warmed
by sweet mystery
of weather.

What is something you can embrace? Would you like to write a poem about it?  Give it a try.  Have fun writing.

A poem should not mean, but be. Archibald MacLeish


3 comments:

  1. Joy, I love the image of the fog tumbling down hillside.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This rain song is great.These bring back memories. Keep up the good work.Thank you for the rhymes. I really enjoyed listening to them.

    ReplyDelete